Aquatics Program Guide Summer 2021
AQUATICS PROGRAM GUIDE 2021
AQUATIC CENTER SCHEDULE
June 7 – August 8 12:00 – 5:00 pm Daily
June 7 - August 8 12:00 - 8:00 pm Thursdays
Fourth of July 12:00-5:00 pm Su
In the event of a Butterfield Bullfrogs Home Swim Meet we will periodically have to shorten our hours of operation for public swim. During the 2021 season Butterfield Park District will host 5 home swim meets. Notifications will be placed throughout our Aquatics Center, at our Aquatic Customer Care Desk and posted outside our Aquatics Office. Updates will also be posted on Facebook and our website. Wednesday Swim Meets - Aquatic Center will close at 4:00pm Saturday Swim Meets – Aquatic Center will open at 1:00pm
The Butterfield Park District reserves the right to close the pool as
deemed appropriate and necessary. The Aquatic Center may close for
situations including, but not limited to:
• Inclement Weather- thunder, lightning and heavy/continuous rain
• Cold Air Temperatures- air temperature below 70 degrees
• Low Attendance in The Pool Area – Less than 5 patrons for an hour
• Conditions Beyond Our Control – Mechanical, electrical, staff related issues, etc.
• 6 Lane Competition
• Diving Board
• Spray Geysers
• Zero Depth
• 4 Lap Lanes in Leisure Pool
• Family Changing Rooms
• Poolside Café
• Leisure Pool
The Butterfield Bullfrogs Swim Team, premier DuPage Swim Club, offers children the chance to excel with their swimming talent while enjoying team fun and spirit. Open to swimmers at both recreational and competitive levels. The only requirement is the ability to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) without taking a break. As a member of the DuPage Swim & Dive Conference, the team competes in 10 dual meets which occur on Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings. At the end of the season, "A" and "B" conference championship meets are held. Swimmers are divided into age groups for practice and meets. Birth certificates are required for all new swimmers. Meets within the DuPage Swim and Dive Conference are only possible with the help and support of parents. Parents and guardians are required to sign up to volunteer at 5 of the 10 dual meets. Fees for swim team include: qualified coaches, practice sessions, team events hosted at Butterfield Park District, 10 dual meets, either "A" or "B" conference meet, aquatics membership and year-end recognition. Optional activities may require additional fees for participation. Please refer to the Bullfrogs handbook for volunteer and fundraising opportunities. Read more here.....
AQUATICS CENTER DAILY FEES
Daily Rate: $10 per person
After 3:00pm: $5 per person
PARENT AND TOT SWIM TIME
Join us for fun in the sun with your tot! Swimming will take place in our
zero depth leisure pool area with our geysers and mushroom waterfall. (No class July 5.)
Ages: 5 & under with adult
June 7 – August 6 M Tu W Th F
10:00 – 11:45am
$60 season pass for child
$5 per child daily fee – adult is free
|Individual Child Ages 3-17||$65||$80|
|Individual Senior (55+)||$55||$70|
|Family of 2||$145||$175|
|Family of 3||$195||$235|
|Family of 4||$240||$290|
|Family of 5||$270||$325|
Perfect for swimmers who bring friends
and family to the pool. Good for 10 individual visits to the pool during regular pool hours.
Punch pass is only $80.
Purchase a "credit card" at the Aquatics Customer Care desk to be used exclusively at the Pool Side Café for
our delicious cafe treats. Cards are issued in the amount of $25 and must
be presented at the time of purchase.
June 7 – August 8
The Butterfield Bullfrogs Swim Team, premier DuPage
Swim Club, offers children the chance to excel with
their swimming talent while enjoying team fun and
spirit. Open to swimmers at both recreational and competitive levels. The only requirement
is the ability to swim the length of the pool (25 yards) without taking a break.
Read more here....
GENERAL LESSON INFORMATION
• During all swim lessons, a Swim Lesson Coordinator is present to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
Any other questions regarding swim lessons should be directed to the Lesson Coordinator at ext. 16.
• Due to high enrollment, make ups are not allowed at any point during the swim season.
• Please note: It is very common for a swimmer to repeat one level for several sessions.
• We request that participants bring their own towel.
• During swim lessons please remain in the concessions area or on the bleachers for observation.
• Our instructors require your child’s full attention during each lesson.
SUNDAY SWIM LESSONS
Is it hard to make it to swim lessons during the week? That is why we are offering this great opportunity to Learn to Swim on the weekend! Levels 1 - 5 are taught. Classes are taught just as the regular classes during the week. Ratio is 1:6 children. No class July 4.
|9226||Su||Jun 13 - Aug 8||11:00 - 11:45am||$54/66|
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS – 10 BOOK
Private lessons are a great way to accelerate the learning process! Our
private lessons are 30 minutes long and are designed to provide extra
attention to the individual student. Our instructors will create a lesson
plan specific to the needs of the individual. Private lessons are also great
for those already on swim or dive team to focus on and strengthen their
technique for an upcoming meet! Private lessons have to be purchased
before July 9.
|9216||M T W Th F Sa||Jun 7 -Aug 8||As Arranged||$184|
PRIVATE SWIM LESSONS – INDIVIDUAL
Private lessons provide one-on-one instruction. The lessons are 30 minutes and are offered during open swim. Purchase individual lessons or a package of eight to receive two free. Days and times will vary depending on instructor. Schedule lessons with instructor directly. Private lessons have to be purchased before July 9.
|9217||M T W Th F Sa||Jun 7 - Aug 8||As Arranged||$26|
SPRINGBOARD DIVE LESSONS
These lessons are designed to teach new divers and help current divers get more practice in springboard diving. Group lessons will assist with technique, form and instruction for the diving approach and a variety of dives.
Take this opportunity to perfect your swimming strokes. Taught by the Butterfield Bullfrog Swim Team Coaches, the clinics offer additional swim time to work on your strokes. Each weak we will be focusing on a different stroke and enhancing our technique.
Jun 7 - Jun 10 M Tu W Th 10:30 - 11:15am $50
Jun 14 - Jun 17 M Tu W Th 10:30 - 11:15am $50
Jun 21 - Jun 24 M Tu W Th 10:30 - 11:15am $50
Jul 12 - Jul 15 M Tu W Th 10:30 - 11:15am $50
Jul 19 - Jul 22 M Tu W Th 10:30 - 11:15am $50
Known as the Zumba® pool party, the Aqua Zumba program gives new meaning to the idea of an invigorating workout. Splashing, stretching, twisting, even shouting, laughing, hooting and hollering are often heard during an Aqua Zumba class. Integrating the Zumba formula and philosophy with traditional aqua fitness disciplines, the Aqua Zumba class blends it all together into a safe, challenging, water-based workout that's cardio-conditioning, body-toning, and most of all, exhilarating beyond belief. This class is appropriate for all fitness levels and requires no swimming or dancing skills. Join the party without the impact! No Class July 5th!
|9408||M||Jun 14 - Aug 2||5:30 - 6:15pm||$45|
Tropical Splash Bash
Get ready for a fun evening splashing in the pool with family and friends, participating in fun contests and learning about all the great programs Butterfield Park District has to offer! Registration information for Fall 2021 programs including School's Out Adventure Camps, RecKids Before and After School Program, Special Events and more will be available for you to check out! Admission to the pool is also FREE during this event. You will need to pre-register for this event, no walk-ins will be allowed. When registering, you must choose which of the two pools you wish to swim in. To follow state guidelines for social distancing and limits to how many people can gather in one place, we will not be able to allow patrons to use both pools. You will be limited to one pool or the other. Once checked in you will receive a wrist band for the pool you have registered for. There is a 50-person limit per pool, 100 swimmers in the facility for this event.
9437 Jul 14 W 5:30-8:00pm Free Dive Well (Pool A)
9438 Jul 14 W 5:30-8:00pm Free Leisure Pool (Pool B)
rules and regulations
1. Aquatics staff reserves the right to ask any pool patron to leave if he/she is not following
2. All persons entering the pool must wear regulation swim wear. Swimmers must wear a swimsuit with a liner. No cutoffs, shorts, or t-shirts are allowed in the pool. Plain white t-shirts are the only other clothing allowed in the water and must be worn with a swimsuit.
3. Please shower before entering the pool.
4. Children ages 11 years old and under must be accompanied by an adult or guardian 18 years or older.
5. Show your ID or pay pool fee at pool desk before entering locker rooms.
6. Glass bottles or containers of any type are not permitted in the locker rooms, concession area, or pool.
7. Food is prohibited in the pool area. The patio is designed for refreshments and snacks.
8. Smoking of any kind is prohibited.
9. Street shoes are not permitted on deck.
10. Any person with any communicable disease, cuts, bandages or open wounds will not be allowed in the pool.
11. Rafts, arm floaties, inner tubes (except during special events), Personal Floatation devices sewn into the bathing suit, or lifejackets, etc. are prohibited from use UNLESS USCG APPROVED. Personal flotation devices provided by the district will be allowed only and are available at no charge. BPD will provide USCG approved PFD’s.
12. Non-water balls, torpedo toys, fins, scuba masks, and snorkels are not allowed in the pool.
13. Due to increase of injury and slippery surface please refrain from running on the pool deck or in the locker room area.
14. During the 15 minute break, everyone must clear the pool except adults (18 and older) who may stay in to swim.
15. Loitering in the locker rooms is prohibited. Persons using the locker rooms must be changing or using the facilities.
16. Strollers are not allowed to remain on the pool deck. Please park and lock wheels on grass areas only.
17. Lounge chairs of any type are not permitted in the water. Please keep all pool chairs on the deck.
18. The Leisure Pool is for children age 7 and under with direct supervision only.
19. Children less than 36” will be permitted in the pool during adult swim with an adult. One child per adult.
20. Non-swimmers and beginners are required to use the shallow end of the pool and must always be supervised by an adult.
21. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool. We suggest a swim diaper.
22. Diving is not permitted from the sides of the pool. Diving is permitted off the diving board only.
23. Immediate Expulsion and Suspension will result from the following actions:
• Throwing pool staff or another patron into the pool
• Use or possession of drugs or alcohol
• Vandalism of pool or pool areas
• Refusal to follow rules and regulations
24. Use of cell phones or tablets in locker rooms is not permitted. Use of electronic devices for recording of other patrons is not permitted in locker rooms and/or on pool deck.
DIVING BOARD RULES
1. Only one person at a time is allowed on diving board.
2. Next person in line is not permitted to go off the diving board until prior patron has reached the wall.
3. For your safety please use the ladder or stairs to exit the pool.
4. Swimmers are not allowed in the diving area except during programming time.
5. Intent to injure others or perform unsafe dives is prohibited.
6. Goggles are not permitted on the diving board.
WATER SLIDE RULES
1. Patrons must be 48” tall or taller
(at Aquatics Manager’s discretion) and
must be able to swim unassisted the width of the pool.
2. One person is allowed on the slide at a time.
3. Patrons must enter and exit slide feet first only. Standing, stopping or sliding down head first is strictly prohibited.
4. The next person must wait until prior person has reached ladder before using the slide.
5. Goggles are not permitted on slide.
OPEN LAP SWIMMING - LANES
Open lap swimming is available throughout
the week and weekend 12:00-5:00pm in the
leisure pool. Please check in with an Aquatics
Manager at the Aquatics office and they will
make sure a lap lane is available for you.
We will make every attempt to provide lanes
for open lap swimming! Lanes will only be
designated for lap swimmers.
As a friendly reminder:
Admission is free with Aquatics Membership.
Daily rate will apply for Non-Members.
Call 1-630-858-2229, ext. 16 with any
questions regarding lap swimming!
2021 AQUATICS GUIDE